Here are the 7 reasons why sleep is important to us! Read up to further optimise your health and lifestyle with SLEEPNIGHT.
1. Poor sleep is highly linked to weight gain.
Thus, people with short sleep duration tend to weigh significantly more than those with adequate sleep.
2. Good sleepers tend to eat fewer calories.
Studies show that sleep deprived individuals have a bigger appetite and tend to consume more calories.
3. Good sleep improves productivity and concentration.
Sleep is important for various aspects of the brain’s functionality for which includes cognition, concentration, productivity and performance. If an individual is sleep deprived, all these functionalities will be negatively affected.
4. Good sleep maximizes athletic performance.
Studies have shown that good sleep enhances an athlete’s performance in terms of speed, accuracy, reaction time and mental well being.
5. Poor sleepers tend to have greater risk of heart disease and stroke.
Studies have found that a lack of sleep or poor quality of sleep is associated with a greater risk of these chronic health consequences.
6. Poor sleep is linked to depression.
The quality of sleep one receives could affect a person’s mental wellness in the long run.
7. Sleep improves your immune function.
Lack of sleep has proven to impair immune function. Therefore, to reduces chances of cold and illness, it is best to sleep well and sleep sufficiently.
In summary, having good quality of sleep is important for recharging our minds, bodies and more importantly keep our health in optimal states.